- Can silicol®gel be taken with prescribed & Over the Counter (OTC) medicines?
Yes. Take silicol®gel at least 1 hour before or after the intake of medicines.
- What is the standard dosage for adults?
1 tablespoonful (15ml) three times daily an hour before meals.
- Can silicol®gel be taken by children?
Please seek medical advice before use by children under 12.
- Can silicol®gel be diluted?
Yes. It can be taken either undiluted or diluted (with water), and diluting does not reduce its effect.
- Can silicol®gel be taken long-term?
Yes. We recommend using for 4 weeks followed by a break of between 4 to 7 days. This provides an opportunity to check that symptoms have settled which may indeed reduce the need to take silicol®gel as frequently. Start using silicol®gel for another 4 weeks and repeat the break.
- What are the ingredients?
3.5g Silicon Dioxide in 100ml Silicic Acid gel. Preservatives: Sorbic Acid (E200) & Sodium Benzoate (E211).
- What is the difference between adsorption and absorption?
The particles in silicol®gel adsorb, as opposed to absorb. Adsorption is the accumulation of molecular species at the surface rather than in the bulk of the solid or liquid.
- Should I store silicol®gel in the fridge?
No. silicol®gel should not be refrigerated.
- After opening how long can I use a bottle of silicol®gel for?
The bottle can be used for up to 3 months after first opening.
- Should I shake the bottle before use?
Yes. Shake the bottle well before each & every use.
- What should I do if my symptoms have not reduced after 3 days?
Consult a Medical Doctor.
- Is silicol®gel suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians?
silicol®gel does not contain any ingredients of an animal source or of products produced from animals. Therefore, silicol®gel is suitable for both vegans and vegetarians.
- Can silicol®gel be taken during pregnancy and while breastfeeding?
We recommend you consult your doctor before using silicol®gel when either pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Does silicol®gel remove nutrients and good bacteria?
silicol®gel does not remove nutrients and "good bacteria". It binds and removes toxic matter (bacteria) which, under normal circumstances, shouldn't be present in the gastrointestinal tract. In a comprehensive study (King et al.,1956), it showed that digestive enzymes of the gastrointestinal tracts such as amylase, pancreas-lipase, trypsin, pepsin, etc. are not deactivated by the adsorption of silicic acid.
- I have a nut allergy. Can I take silicol®gel?
Yes. silicol®gel is allergen free.
- I have a gluten allergy. Can I take silicol®gel?
Yes. silicol®gel is gluten free.
- I have Crohn’s Disease. Can I take silicol®gel?
Yes, silicol®gel is suitable for those suffering from Crohns Disease
- I have Ulcerative Colitis. Can I take silicol®gel?
Yes, silicol®gel is suitable for those suffering from Ulcerative Colitis
- Is silicol®gel a natural product?
Yes. silicol®gel contains silicic acid which is a compound of the mineral substance silicon and oxygen in a colloidal (highly dispersable) and hydrated form. Silicon is the second most abundant element on Earth, after Oxygen. It is found in nature as silicon dioxide and in the hydrated or aqueous form as silicic acid.